Requirements for students
- Citizenship or permanent residency in an EGF member country.
- Rank of minimum 10 kyu.
- Age of maximum 20 yo (older students can apply for a non-subsidized place - full fee).
- Ability to understand basic English.
Application as student
Please fill in this FORM
to apply as student of a new season. You will need the following information:
- Name and age
- Nationality or country of residence
- Email and phone
- Current EGF rating
- KGS account nick name
- Short statment why you want to join
- Intended participation in the first cycles of the season: 1 and 2
For any questions regarding the application, contact me at academy (at) eurogofed (dot) org.
You will get a response as soon as possible on whether you are accepted or not, and further information. The players are selected according to strength, age, and motivation. If you do not qualify as a regular student, you may get an offer to join as a supporter, for the same benefits.
The participation fee for students is 30€ per cycle (60€ for non-subsidized places) starting from Season 17 / 2023.
We encourage the national Go associations to carry the participation fees for their talented players. However, you need to sort it out by yourself with your national Go association.
Payment can be done via Paypal or bank transfer. It is also possible to use SEYGO vouchers to pay the participation fee.
- 4-7 league games per cycle (1 cycle = 1 month).
- Commentary of league games by the teachers.
- Join any of the 2 lectures per week.
- Tsumego session (monthly).
- Access to material from previous seasons.
- Opportunity of being selected for the EYE (European Youth Elite Team) u20, u16 and u12 categories.